KOSOFE CONSTITUENCY II BY-ELECTION: My Selection As Consensus Candidate By Party Leadership Is A Prize For Loyalty - Femi Saheed



Sequel to his selection as the consensus candidate of All Progressives Congress in the forthcoming Lagos state House of Assembly By-election for Kosofe Constituency II, Hon. Femi Saheed has described his selection by the party leadership as a reward for Loyalty.
The APC Lagos state Assistant Secretary in an exclusive interview with Kosofe Reporters stated that his selection as the consensus candidate was completely borne out of his years of meritorious service to the party right from the days of Alliance for Democracy (AD) till the present time rather than his two decades professional experience as a banker.

Hon. Saheed noted that he was obviously not the best among the aspirants that jostled for the primary ticket of the party as he did not possess extraordinary curriculum vitae(CV) compare to theirs .

He said, rather, his years of meritorious service to the party in different capacities as Youth leader, Assistant state Secretary and Acting State Secretary on two different occasions coupled with the fact that he conducted the 2015 general elections with Otunba Henry Ajomale when Hon. Wasiu Eshilokun went to contest for the state Assembly was the major factor behind his nomination by party leadership. 
Hon. Saheed said: "There were so many smart, intelligent, brilliant men and women that we contested together. But may be Providence just want to have its way on my side.

"I am not the best going by the curriculum vitae (CV). My CV is not as extraordinary as what other aspirants possess. But I think it is a Clarion call for me to do the needful and represent the people well so that I will not misuse the trust and confidence the party has in me.


" I served the party as a youth leader, served as an acting State secretary. I conducted the 2015 election with Otunba Henry Oladele Ajomale when my boss then, RT Hon. Wasiu Sanni Eshilokun moved to the State Assembly. The mantle of leadership was bestowed on me and I did this meritoriously for two years before we had another Secretary.

"That repeated itself again in 2019 elections. Dr. Wale Ahmed who is now the commissioner for Local Government affairs conducted the election while I took over from him.

"As you can see I have been so loyal. I have been working tenaciously for the party. The party has a way of rewarding and compensating its loyal members. For the party to now decide this is the way to go, I think it is the prize for loyalty"

And while declaring that there are no winner, no vanquished Hon. Saheed appealed for the support of other aspirants in his quest to win the October 31 By-election promising not to disappoint them and the party.

"I need their supports, I need their encouragement, I need their advice. They are all wonderful people. It has never happened in the history of our political party when you contested with qualified people and the party says this is the way to go. And I am telling them that I will not disappoint the party, I will not disappoint them and I will not disappoint the people": he said

And when asked about his immediate plans for his Constituency if eventually elected, Hon. Saheed said he would follow the footsteps of Late Barrister Tunde Braimoh by contributing his best to the development of his Constituency.

His words: "May God grant our erudite and eloquent Lawmaker Late Barrister Tunde Braimoh Aljanna firdaus. He has set the records straight and acted well.

" He was able to merge empathy with governance and was a proactive voice in the house. I wish to inculcate those attributes and put in the best"



Comments

Most Read

Sunday Igboho Is An Assassin And I Once Got Him Arrested For Attempting To Assassinate Asiwaju Tinubu And Rauf Aregbesola for N25 million – OTO

APC Adjusts Primary Elections Timetable Again, Shifts Special Congresses To May 16-17

KOSOFE CDC CHAIRMAN, SEGUN BABATUNDE, ARRESTED BY POLICE OVER FRAUDULENT RELOCATION OF COMMUNITY TRANSFORMER.

BREAKING: Kosofe APC Ward B elects State and LG Adhoc delegates