Mile 12 demolition: A Political miscalculation of the highest order

Mile 12 demolition: A Political miscalculation of the highest order


By: Yunus Adogba

To avoid wrong judgement, I proceeded to the Alaba section of Mile 12 market today 16th of December, 2022 for self-confirmation of the alleged demolition, and to assess the negative impact such action might have on the affected traders if it happens to be true. 

I was shocked to the marrow when it became a reality that the Chairman of Ikosi Iseri, Princess Bada actually ordered the demolition, and ensure it was fully carried out.

Right at the scene of the demolition, I became more confused when it was revealed that the area in question is a Yoruba-dominated section of the market. I kept asking myself how a politician of high repute could go for an action that can de-market her party by inflicting agony of such magnitude on multiple electorates towards election. This thought made me speechless for about five minutes after speaking to the people concerned. I fully sympathized with them and wish them quick relief. 

I wish and equally urge our leaders to take bold steps in addressing this issue before the catastrophic effect becomes feasible. It will not affect the House of Assembly candidate in Kosofe constituency 2 alone but, our House of Representatives candidate, the Senator and our Governor including Asiwaju may lose this people's vote and that of their family, friends and sympathizers; what a great loss! 

I asked myself a question on my way back could Princess have done this if she was on the ballot? Definitely NO. Why doing it now? 

Power corrupts so they say, but absolute power corrupts absolutely. Hon. Princess Bada must be talked to. 

APC deserves to be treated fairly by us all irrespective of our grievances. Don't bite a finger that fed you, it's dangerous to do so.

 Thanks.

Comments

Most Read

Sunday Igboho Is An Assassin And I Once Got Him Arrested For Attempting To Assassinate Asiwaju Tinubu And Rauf Aregbesola for N25 million – OTO

APC Adjusts Primary Elections Timetable Again, Shifts Special Congresses To May 16-17

KOSOFE CDC CHAIRMAN, SEGUN BABATUNDE, ARRESTED BY POLICE OVER FRAUDULENT RELOCATION OF COMMUNITY TRANSFORMER.

BREAKING: Kosofe APC Ward B elects State and LG Adhoc delegates